Complete Oil Cooler kit for VW 4 or 6 cylinder engines.(see options) *up to 2005/MK5
There are many reasons to add on oil cooler kit to your engine. Some VW's just run hotter than others. Some drive harder than others. Some people live in areas where where 85F is a cold day. Whatever the reason your engine runs hot, the addition of an Oil Cooler Kit can be beneficial to the life of your engine. It does not however fix your cooling system issues. (ie a clogged radiator causing excessive over heating)
Oil Cooler benefits include; Additional fluid capacity & cooling properties that will help maintain ideal oil temps & prolong the life of your motor. Highly recommended for higher performance applications.
If you daily drive or live in a cold climate region dont worry. Our Oil Cooler kits feature a Mocal Thermostatic Sandwich Plate. This plate progressively opens as your engine warms up & is fully open at 180F. The Mocal sandwich plate also features a safety bypass if it were to ever fail. (We have never once had to warranty a plate in over 10yrs!)
- Mocal Thermostatic Sandwich Plate w/ flow bypass.
- Sandwich Plate opens progressively to prevent sudden pressure drops or oil temperature fluctuation.
- Braided Stainless Steel -10 AN lines for the ultimate durability, protection & flow.
- Discreet Black AN Swivel fittings for easy removal & routing.
- Your choice of Oil Coolers to best suit your engine & budget.
- *Can be used w/ or w/o the factory heat exchanger. (freeze plugs(included) & a metal coolant(crack) pipe is required on VR6 models). MK1 TT's must delete factory heat exchanger for cross member clearance.
- Includes 36mm freeze plug(all kits) & 2 sizes of threaded nipples for VR6 applications(choice to keep or remove factory exchanger.
- Our 4cyl kits feature an exact fit adapter for Mocal plate mounting. Fully compatible with 'extended factory oil filters.
Standard Kit includes Mocal 180*F thermo sandwich plate, 24 plate B&M oil cooler, 8ft SS Braided hose, 4x AN swivel fittings and everything else for easy install,
Cooler Options: *36 plate cooler shown for non AC applications (NLA).
- 24 Plate design B&M Black Aluminum Oil Cooler. 2x Adapter fittings & Includes zip-thru securing kit for mounting.
- Mocal 19 Row Sliver Aluminum cooler. Includes zip-thru securing kit for mounting. (price increase is mostly due to brand/UK#/$.) overall a smaller foot print than the B&M cooler due to fittings.
- MK4) R32 kits: INCLUDES REQUIRED THERMO-PLATE ADAPTER(HEAT EXCHANGER) and seals- NOT SHOWN! You must select the R32 engine Option for all required parts to complete Mk4 R32 kit! This kit changes your factory R oil cooler to make our kit fully compabitble.
- 4Cyl Kits:Fit Mk1, 2, 3, 4 4cyl models Including Corrado G60 & 1.8T engines. These also fit B5, B6 1.8T Audi models.
- VR6 Kits Fit: B4 Passat, Corrado, MK3, MK4(12v/24v)
- 3.2 TT/R32 Kit Fits: 2004/8 R32/Gen1 TT. Includes required heat exchanger & seals.
Mocal & B&M Oil Coolers are factory pressure tested to ensure working condition. No warranty on coolers.
Remaining kit components include a 90 day warranty against manufacturer defects. Items are not covered for installation error/routing, mis-use, race-use, accidental damage or from road debris, etc.
Posted by Jay on 12th Jan 2016
Everything was packed well and arrived in perfect shape. Everything needed for install is there including a kit if you plan on mounting a fan on the cooler. It doesn't howerver come with mounting hardware as there isn't a one size fits all because placement of the cooler is up to you. Great kit with great quality parts. Everything installed properly and is leak free.
Posted by Unknown on 27th Dec 2012
got your 24plate kit for my vr6 turbo. easy install & everything required. I trimmed the ss hose you provided where I mounted my cooler. glad it was more than enough hose. i see the cars runs cooler instantly , on my 1st drive to work it was cooler.
Posted by slickviksvrsix on 27th Oct 2011
hey guys ive been running your kit for like 4 years now(bought it from your old site dubnutz) & just saw it here in my search
i'm running the huge 36plate cooler in my turbo vr & its a life saver. keeps my engine super cool. like 4 yrs & works as good as day 1.
thx DN for the great product.